Posted by Patrick Muschamp on 08 27 2014 03:22 PM
Model number: MMRAD-DMAX-06
Common Installation Questions:
1. Leaking at lower hose connection.
2. Mishimoto supplied O-ring is not fitting in OEM lower hose connector with ease.
1. Customer should be using Mishimoto supplied o-ring within the OEM connector or Mishimoto CNC connector. This will prevent leaking from occurring. If the O-ring has not bee provided, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your receipt and your confirmed shipping information.
2. The early models for this application came with a thinner O-ring. GM superseceded the part with a thicker O-ring (an a new connector to house this thicker O-ring) to prevent leaks at the factory. The Mishimoto supplied O-ring was created to replace the thicker O-ring GM now offers. If a customer is having this issue, we suggest to either purchase the Mishimoto Silicone Hose kit, or part number 25841843 from the GM/Chevrolet dealership.
- Mishimoto supplied O-ring
1. Previous thinner O-ring on the left, newer GM O-ring on the right
2. Previous thinner O-ring on the bottom, newer GM O-ring on top