MMBCC-WRX-15 (with Mishimoto FMIC Kit)
Posted by Patrick Muschamp on 01 16 2015 03:46 PM
Model number: MMBCC-WRX-15
Common Installation Questions:
1. Customer is installing the front mount intercooler kit and the driver side can is contacting the piping.
2. Customer is not able to remove the clips for the cowl.
3. Customer is not sure how to route the hoses around the driver/cold side intercooler pipe.
1. The Mishimoto front mount intercooler kit for the 2015 WRX will come with a bracket that is used to relocate the Mishimoto baffled catch can. See Attachment 1 (MS Word document) for an installation guide for this bracket.
2. Mishimoto recommends using a 7mm wrench. This is the perfect size to release the clip without damaging the plastic. Refer to Attachment 2, 3, and 4 for additional pictures.
3. During testing, our R&D team was able to route the hose botha bove and below the intercooler pipe. This is the customer's preference, however, we noticed that the hose is a tighter fit when routed underneath the intercooler pipe.
1. MS Word document explaining the installation process
2. Plastic cowl clip removed from vehicle
3. 7mm used to release the clip